BBQ CHICKEN FRENCH BREAD PIZZAS WITH SMOKED MOZZARELLA
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (12–14") soft loaf French or Italian bread, split in half lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated smoked mozzarella (about 3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Heat oil over low in a medium skillet. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
Place bread, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven and rub cut sides with garlic.
Toss chicken with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in a medium bowl. Spread remaining 6 Tbsp. sauce on cut sides of bread. Layer reserved onions on sauce, then top with chicken mixture and mozzarella.
Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Top with cilantro.