Vegan Creamy cauliflower soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, diced, white part only
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted cashews, pine nuts or almonds.
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper.
- freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
Using a lg. saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. sauté the garlic and leeks, until soft. add the cauliflower and sauté briefly. Add the broth, lemon juice, bay leaf and thyme. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. reduce heat to med-low and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 30 minutes.
remove from heat, remove bay leaf, add nuts and let the soup cool for 10 minutes.
Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until smooth and creamy. Return soup to saucepan and heat over low heat. season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, ladle soup in serving bowls and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.