- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon medium-dry Sherry
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced, and mashed to a paste with
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole boneless skin-on chicken breast (abt 1 lb) halved
In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, the gingerroot, the honey, the sherry, the vinegar, and the garlic paste. Marinate chicken in the soy mixture, turning once, for 20 minutes.
Transfer the chicken, reserving the marinade in a small saucepan, skin-side down, to the oiled rack of a broiler and broil it under a preheated broiler about 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking boil the reserved marinade until it is reduced by half. Brush the chicken and broil for 6 to 8 minutes more, or until it is just cooked through.
Transfer it to a cutting board, and cut it on the diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices.
This recipe yields 2 servings.