Berry Cobbler - Crock Pot style
Serve this crockpot Berry Cobbler with vanilla ice cream or yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers. It's actually FABULOUS the second day eaten cold! Breakfast, perhaps?
- Berry Filling:
- 1cup1 cup flour
- 3tablespoon3 tablespoon sugar
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 11 egg
- 1/4cup1/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 2tablespoon2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1cup1 cup sugar
- 1/4cup1/4 cup flour
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4cups4 cups mixed berries (I used frozen)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 165mins
Adapted from jamiecooksitup.net
Grab a medium-sized mixing bowl and add flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Toss it around a bit with a fork, making sure all of the ingredients are combined. Set aside.
In a separate bowl whisk the egg. Add milk and canola oil. Stir it all up to combine.
Pour your dry ingredients into the egg/milk mixture.
Combine the ingredients with a fork, until they are combined.
Spray a 5 quart crock pot with cooking spray and spread the batter out along the bottom.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Toss it around a bit to combine.
Now, find yourself some berries. I like to use a frozen mixed berry blend from Costco.
Measure out 4 cups of frozen berries and place them in the sugar/flour mixture. Give them a nice stir to make sure they all get coated.
Pour the berries and sugar over the top of the batter in your crock pot.
Cover the pot and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, or until the batter is cooked through.
When it is done cooking, unplug your crock pot and take the lid off. Allow the cobbler to sit 5 to 10 minutes. The juice from the berries will thicken up a bit more if you do this.
You'll also love
- Roasted Figs with Ricotta 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Fresh Raspberry Sauce 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Cranberry Bliss Cookies 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Impossible Coconut Pie 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Gooey Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Peach Cobbler 3.7/5 (255 Votes)
- Sweet Strawberry Cobbler 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler 4.4/5 (15 Votes)