- 1 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can solid pack pumpkin - (15 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk - (12 oz)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Chopped chives (optional)
In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour and curry powder until blended. Gradually add the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Heat through. Garnish with chives, if desired.
This recipe yields 7 servings.