Bacon Spinach Salad with Hot Dressing
- # 7 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves
- # 2 tablespoons olive oil
- # 1/3 cup medium red onion, thinly sliced
- # 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- # 7oz. package feta cheese, crumbled
- # 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar, or herb flavored vinegar
- # 4 pieces of thick cut bacon, sliced into 2" pieces
- # 1 tablespoon sugar
- # Apple wedges, or croutons (optional)
In a large skillet, sear bacon over medium heat until crisp and brown. Remove bacon from skillet. Drain oil leaving only 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in pan.
Add sugar, vinegar and olive oil to bacon oil over medium high heat for 2 minutes. This is our dressing mixture.
Reheat bacon pieces to skillet with dressing mixture and mix well.
In a large bowl, toss spinach with sliced red onion. Set aside.
Italian red onion
Pour bacon dressing mixture over spinach and onion. Toss the salad to coat and wilt slightly.
Divide spinach salad between two plates. Top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve immediately. For two persons.
You can add sliced apple wedges and croutons to the salad.
You'll also love
- Auntie Em's Coconut Cupcakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mustang's Utah Red Trout 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread Recipe For A... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb - Baby Lamb Chops with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Broccoli with Cream Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Casserole, Zippy Beef Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jeweled Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta... 0/5 (0 Votes)