Corn Cakes with Indian Candied Salmon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/8 cup homogenized milk
- 1/3 cup corn, frozen
- 1 tb chives, chopped
- 1 tb butter, melted
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 tb horseradish
- 3 oz Indian candied salmon or smoked salmon
- Chives, chopped for garnish
1) Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder. Whisk egg and milk. Stir in corn, chives and melted butter. Combine two mixtures and stir briefly to combine.
2) Fry one tablespoon at a time in a little butter. Cakes should be 2 inches in diameter. You may make these cakes one day in advance. Wrap well and keep refrigerated.
3)Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese and horseradish. Remove any skin from Indian candy and cut into 12 small triangles.
4) Assemble on the day of the party: Pipe or spread about 1 tsp cream cheese on each cake. Top with a small piece of candy. Garnish with chives.