Ham, Swiss And Asparagus Crepes
- BASIC CREPE RECIPE: (10 to 12 crepes)
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham, turkey or chicken - (to 2)
- 10 cooked asparagus sprears - (to 12)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Prepare crepes and set aside. To make sauce, melt butter, stir in flour and mustard and cook for 1 minute. Add broth; simmer and stir until thickened. Add half-and-half and continue to stir until thick. Add salt and pepper.
While making sauce, cook the asparagus and saute the ham to remove any excess water. Combine cooked meat with half of the sauce. Place 1 asparagus spear with about 1/4 cup of the meat sauce on the lower 1/3 of each crepe and roll up.
With seam down, place assembled crepes in prepared dish. Cover crepes with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve.
This recipe yields ?? servings.