Grilled Turkey with Gravy
Do Thanksgiving right this year with this recipe for Grilled Turkey with Gravy. It goes great with classic sides, like mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.
- 1 oven-ready turkey defrosted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 turkey neck
- 4 cups cold water
- 6 tablespoons turkey fat
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup wine
- BOUQUET GARNI:
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 6 parsley stems plus
- 2 thyme sprigs tied in cheesecloth
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 150mins
Remove neck and giblets; reserve for gravy. Remove and discard excess fat. Rinse the bird inside and out and pat dry. Season body cavity with salt and pepper. Tie legs together and twist wing tips under back. Brush turkey with oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Arrange turkey breast-side up, in center of cooking grate. Place lid on grill. Cook 11 to 13 minutes per pound or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh not touching bone registers 180°F and the juices run clear. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
Combine turkey neck and giblets in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes, skimming. Add bouquet garni. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove stock from heat and strain. Reduce to 3 cups if necessary.
Have a roasting pan with 6 tablespoons turkey fat. Add flour to fat and cook for 3 minutes. Add wine to roux and whisk until smooth. Add stock and bring to a boil.
You'll also love
- Green Beans With Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Golden Coconut Macaroons 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Confit On Country Toast With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Burgers Filled With Brie... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chilaquiles With Turkey And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mama's Divinity 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheddar-Almond Pâté 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey Paillards With... 0/5 (0 Votes)