Green Beans With Bacon
- 1/8 pound slab bacon diced
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar, or to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large deep skillet cook the bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until golden. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate.
Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened. Add the beans, pepper flakes, and salt and saute over moderately-high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add the boiling water and cover the skillet immediately. Steam the beans, shaking the skillet occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until just tender. Add the butter, vinegar, and salt and pepper and toss until combined. Sprinkle with the bacon.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Golden Coconut Macaroons 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic And Oil Sauteed Escarole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fennel Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Confit On Country Toast With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Burgers Filled With Brie... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Pork Fillets With Prunes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Green Beans With Pine Nuts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)