- 4 * 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- * Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 * 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 * 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 * 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 * 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 * 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup dry white wine
1. Season pork generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium; add pork. Cook until browned and opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
2. Make sauce: Add shallot to skillet; cook over medium, stirring until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sage, thyme, and wine. Simmer until sauce is reduced to about 1/3 cup, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in any accumulated juices from plate with meat. Transfer chops to plates, drizzle with sauce.