Guias Crabmeat Au-Gratin
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup small diced red sweet bell peppe
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package cream cheese - (8 oz) softened
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 pounds crabmeat
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium skillet melt butter and sauté the onions, pepper and parsley for about 4 minutes. Add the flour all at once and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Turn the heat to simmer. Add the softened cream cheese. Stir until combined. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sherry.
Place the crabmeat in a large greased ovenproof casserole dish and pour the milk mixture over it. Fold gently to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan, cayenne, and paprika. Bake for 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
This recipe yields 8 servings.