Korean Beef Appetizer
- 2 Tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion sliced (including top)
- 1 pound beef chuck steak, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
Adapted from sunsetpublishing.com
In a bowl, stir together sesame oil, soy, garlic powder, vinegar, pepper, sesame seed, cayenne, and onion. Cut meat across grain into very thin, 3 inch long slices. Add to sauce mixture and toss until thoroughly coated Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until next day.
To cook, thread meat strips onto skewers and grill on a greased rack set 6 inches above a bed of low glowing coals, or on a gas or electric grill preheated to highest setting. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until brown.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve.