- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeño chilies
- 12 wheat bread slices trimmed
- 6 tablespoons diced pimiento
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can mild chilies - (7 oz) diced
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large canned artichoke hearts drained, chopped
- 3 large eggs beaten creamy yellow
Melt butter in microwave in 9- by 13-inch casserole. Dip 1 side of 6 bread slices in butter to cover lightly; set aside. Place remaining 6 slices in remaining butter in casserole. Top bread with mixture of 3/4 cup cheese, 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic, mild and jalapeño chilies, and artichokes. Place 6 buttered bread slices over cheese mix, butter-side up.
Mix eggs and milk and pour over bread stacks. Top each bread slice with 1 teaspoon pimiento (I arrange it in a heart shape) and 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
Bake, uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or till knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 6 hungry-people servings.