Round Steak Diane
A fun and quick way to prepare a delicious steak your family and or guests will surely love.
- 2 pounds beef round stead, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons bottled steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Instant unseasoned meat tenderizer
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 (3-ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup brandy
Trim excess fat from meat. Cut meat into portions. Pound steaks to 1/3-inch thickness. Combine sherry, water, steak sauce, chives, and mustard. Pour over steak in shallow dish. Cover; marinade in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours. Drain, reserving marinade. Pat meat dry.
Use instant meat tenderizer according to label directions. In skillet, brown steak pieces, two at a time, over high heat in hot oil, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove cooked meat to serving platter. Cover and keep warm in slow over while cooking remaining meat. Add reserved marinade and drained mushrooms to skillet. Bring mixture to boiling; pour over meat.
To serve, warm brandy in small pan. Ignite and slowly pour over meat. Serve when flame subsides.
You'll also love
- Banana Split Fluff Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- BBQ Roasted Whole Chicken with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey, Apple & Cheddar... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Indian-Style Nachos with Warm... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chiles en Nogada - Chiles in... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Curry Laksa 4/5 (2 Votes)
- 7 Layer Fat-Fighting Dip 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Stuffing 4/5 (2 Votes)