Refried Bean Dip
- Variation from Allrecipes:
- 1 can refried beans (1 lb)
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 to 3 Tbsp taco sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Adapted from sunsetpublishing.com
In a small pan or heatproof pottery bowl, stir together beans, cheese, onion, salt and taco sauce until well blended. Place over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until heated throughout. Serve with warmed tortilla chips.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in the refried beans, taco seasoning, hot pepper sauce, parsley, green onions, 1/2 the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 the Monterey Jack cheese. Transfer the mixture to an 8x12 inch baking dish. Top with remaining Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned.