Pan Roasted Artichokes
- 10 Baby artichokes
- 4 Cloves of garlic - very finely chopped
- 2 Tbs Fresh Parsley - very finely chopped
- EV olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & pepper
1) Clean the artichokes by removing the outer leaves until you reach the yellow light green part of the artichoke.
2) Cut the top part of the leaves (about 3/4 inch), trim about 1/4 inch of the stem and peel the stem.
3) Cut the artichoke in half and place them in a bowl of water in which you have squeezed the juice of one lemon.
4) Clean all your artichokes and keep them in water for about 10 mins.
5) Put a very light coat of EV olive oil in a cast iron pan and let it get very hot.
6) Coat each piece of artichoke with a very thin film of EV olive oil and put them in the pan facing down.
7 )Cook them for about 5-6 mins. or until they begin to turn brown.
8) Turn them over and cook them for another about 7-8 mins.
9) Put all the artichokes in a platter facing up.
10) In a little bowl, put 5 Tbs of EV olive oil and add the garlic and parsley.
Mix well and with a teaspoon spread over each artichoke.
Sprinkle with salt and fresh black pepper.