Creamy Cajun Pasta
Picture shows "Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta"; Also great without shrimp served with Cajun Catfish.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta (or linguine)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz. Pasta
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 4 minutes or until al dente; drain. (For Linguine, cook according to package directions.)
2. Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. * Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and Cajun seasoning. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, then cook until thickened. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. **
If adding shrimp:
* Saute shrimp for 1 minute on each side in butter and garlic; Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
** Return shrimp to sauce, and spoon over cooked pasta.