Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal
This easy, no-cook "summer porridge" has make-ahead convenience and is packed with nutrition to get your day off to a healthy start. Make it in individual mason jars for a perfect serving size and an easy grab-and-go breakfast straight from the fridge (it's eaten cold or can be warmed in the microwave). Take it along to work or anywhere. Great to serve on a breakfast or brunch buffet. High in protein, calcium & fiber; low in fat & sugar.
Nutritional Info: 230 calories, 4g fat, 51g carbs, 8g fiber, 11g protein; Weight Watchers Pts Plus: 7
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, preserves, or spread
- 1/3 cup raspberries (cut each berry in half), or enough to fill jar
Adapted from theyummylife.com
In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and raspberry jam. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined.
Remove lid, add raspberries and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or as long as 2-3 days.
Eat chilled or warm in the microwave.