Minnesota Hot Dish
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables1
- 16 oz. package frozen tater tots
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar jack cheese
Adapted from Minnesota-visitor.com
Brown the ground beef with the onion; drain off any fat.
Stir in the soups, milk, and the vegetables.
Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13" baking dish. Arrange the tater tots on top.
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 30 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the tater tots are brown and crisp.
Sprinkle the cheese over the tater tots, return the dish to the oven, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.