Crostini with Thyme-Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices baguette, cut on the bias
- 1 clove garlic
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Place the tomatoes cut-side up in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and the thyme. Roast 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours, or until the tomatoes are very soft and slightly shrunken. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Rub the crostini with garlic and top each with a roasted tomato.