Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage
- 1 Box Barilla Collezione Orecchiette
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- 4 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese grated
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
Bring two one gallon pots of water to a boil
In first pot add a bit of salt and baking soda
Cook Broccoli Rabe tops for ten minutes disregarding stems.
Drain and set aside. When cool, chop roughly.
In a skillet sauté crumbled sausage and 2 tablespoons olive oil until brown. Then add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook one minute.
Stir in cooked broccoli rabe.
In second pot cook pasta two minutes less than package directions and drain reserving some of the cooking water.
Toss pasta in the sauce in skillet and add some cooking water until sauce is coating the pasta.
Stir in cheese and remaining olive oil before serving.
You'll also love
- Rustic Apple Pear Tart with Ginger... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pear and Cranberry Crisp 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Medallions with Onion... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork chops with scalloped potatoes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BROCCOLI CASSEROLE 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage Biscuit Pinwheels 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked BBQ Chicken and Broccoli... 4/5 (1 Votes)