- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spicy salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
1. Place the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until soft and fragrant about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and saute for 2 minutes more.
2. Add the beef and brown breaking it up into pieces.
3. Once browned, add taco seasoning and salsa. Bring to a simmer, and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drop the heat to very low. Stir in cheddar cheese and cream cheese and cook until just melted. Serve hot with tortilla chips.