Ricotta Orange Pound Cake with Strawberries
Giada- Everyday Italian recipe
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sugar + 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange zested
- 2 Tbsp amaretto
- powder sugar for dusting top
- 1 pint strawberries,hulled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bundt pan with butter. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine.
Using electric mixer, cream together butter, ricotta and sugar until light and fluffy (3 minutes). Add eggs 1 at a time while mixer is on. Add vanilla, orange zest, and amaretto. Mix until combined. Add dry ingredients a little at a time until completely combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar (through mesh sieve).
Quarter the hulled strawberries and add 1 Tbsp sugar. Mix together then let sit in refrigerator.
Pour strawberries on top of sliced pound cake.
You'll also love
- Tomato soup- Everyday Italian 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Breakfast Sausage Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon Maple Apple Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Julius 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Muffins, Lime-Coconut Banana with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Blueberry Souffle Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad w/Pan-Seared... 0/5 (0 Votes)