Quick and Spicy Mole Chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Chimayo Spice Mix (or your favorite Southwestern blend of spices-think cumin, oregano, chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon good quality cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Generously season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
Stir onion and sweet potato into skillet; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add chicken broth, cocoa, peanut butter, Chimayo Spice, cinnamon and salt. Bring to boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
Remove skillet from heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve over rice.