- 1 cup finely-chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- 2 teaspoons snipped parsley
- 2 tablespoons tarragon wine vinegar - (to 3)
- 2 tablespoons corn or olive oil (or use 1 tbspn of each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- Butter melted
- Cubed bread
In a stainless steel or glass bowl combine all of the ingredients except the butter and cubed bread. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Serve in individual chilled bowls. Top the gazpacho with cubed bread that has been browned in melted butter.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.