1 slice = 528 calories
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 15 oz can solid-pack pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 16 oz carton frozen cool whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, eggs, oil and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 inch round baking pans.
Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners sugar, and remaining pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; beat until smooth. Fold in cool whip.
Cut each cake horizontally into 2 layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a fourth of the filling. Repeat layers three times. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with pecans. Store in refrigerator.