- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro sprigs, tied together with kitchen string.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Sour cream
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder; stir 1 minute. Add chicken; stir 2 minutes. Add broth, corn, tomatoes and 1/2 bunch cilantro sprigs to saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Discard cilantro sprigs. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Bring to simmer before continuing.) Add chopped cilantro and lime juice to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream.