Sweet Potato Risotto
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 cups diced peeled sweet potato (about 1 large)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup short grain (arborio) rice
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup drained rinsed chickpeas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Saute sweet potato, garlic, onion, red pepper, basil, salt & pepper for 5 min or until softened. Stir in rice; saute for 1 min. Add broth and bring to boil; stirring.
2. Whisk flour into milk and gradually stir into pot; bring to simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring twice, until rice is almost tender.
3. Stir in chickpeas; simmer, uncovered, for 5 min or until rice is tender, stirring in more milk, if desired, to moisten rice. Stir in half of the cheese. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with remaining cheese.