Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
- To make Crust
- 1-1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix together and pat into bottom of a spring form pan lined with Buttered parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese (24 oz. total)
- 1 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces melted quality white chocolate
Adapted from thibeaultstable.com
Reset oven temperature to 325 degrees. Melt white chocolate with heavy cream. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
With an electric mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and flour together until well mixed and smooth. Add vanilla and beat until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth.Add the melted chocolate cream mixture. Stir until smooth. Pour plain batter over crust. Wrap foil around the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Place in a shallow pan and pour in hot water. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven and let cool. When cool refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 or 5 hours. Drizzle with white chocolate and Dulce de Leche.
Dulce De Leche
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour one or two cans of sweetened condensed milk into a pie plate. Cover tightly with foil.
Put plate in larger pan and pour in hot water to upper sides of pie plate. Bake for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Check after first hour and stir. Milk will become a beautiful dark caramel color. Stir until smooth and refrigerate.
Keeps well in the fridge.