Pork chops with scalloped potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 6 pork rib or loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Additional salt and pepper, optional
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley,
1)In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2)In a large skillet, brown the pork chops on both sides in oil; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
3) In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Pour broth mixture over layers. Place pork chops on top.
4) Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
You'll also love
- Giada Lemon Vinaigrette 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Fragolo-Strawberry Liqueur 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Freezer Cucumber Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Cabbage with Balsamic... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ground Turkey Spaghetti Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rob's Famous Barbecued Shrimp 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sous Vide Pork Chile Verde 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Teppanyaki Shrimp with Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)