TRISHA'S BAKED SPAGHETTI
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 14-1/2 oz cans diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 2-1/4 oz can sliced black olives, drained
- 1-2 T. dried oregano
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 12 oz thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 c. grated cheddar(5oz)
- 1 10oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 100mins
Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
In lg skillet, cook bacon til slightly crisp. With a slotted spoon, transfer it to paper towel to drain.
Saute the garlic, onion and bell pepper in drippings til tender.
Add the tomatoes, olives, oregano, bacon and the ground beef and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes
Place half of the cooked spaghetti in the baking dish; top with half of the vegie meat mixture and sprinkle with 1 c. of the cheddar. Repeat layers.
In a bowl, stir together the soup and 1/4 c water til smooth and pour over the casserole.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.