Melanie’s Pimento Cheese
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 to 1 1/2 (2 oz.) jars of pimento, drained
- 6 to 8 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (Tabasco, Frank’s Redhot Original, etc.)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Combine the cheese, pimento, mayonnaise, onion, garlic powder and hot sauce in a food processor.
2. Mix until creamy.
3. Serve with crackers or party bread.
*Note:* Have also used white cheddar cheese to make this recipe. Regarding the hot sauce, I usually start with 1 tsp. and add to taste