- 1-lb. bag frozen meatballs
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can beef broth (or use a beef bouillon cube and enough water as called for to make about 2 cups if you didn't have beef broth like me)
- 1/2 (or whole depending on your taste) onion, finely diced
- 1 can mushrooms (or 1/2 cup chopped fresh ones)
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder (depends on your taste_
- 2 Tbsp A1 sauce
- dash(es) of paprika, salt, and pepper to taste
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 pkg egg noodles (or boiled potatoes, or cooked rice)
IF your meatballs are NOT precooked, (like mine) then cook them in the oven according to directions. (I suppose you could place uncooked ones in the crockpot, but I don't know how long that would take to cook because you can't really brown beef in a crockpot).
IF your meatballs are already precooked, then just add them frozen to your crockpot.
Meanwhile, add the soup, broth, mushrooms (if canned), A1 sauce, and spices to your crockpot. Mix well. Turn heat on low.
Add cooked meatballs. (unless they're already in there because they're precooked)
Mix it all together well.
IF your meatballs are frozen and precooked, then cook everything on LOW for 8-10 hours (or high for 4-6) until meatballs are all heated through.
IF your meatballs were cooked in the oven and are therefore already warm, then cook everything on LOW for 3 hours to get all the flavorings well blended.
3 hours later (after your nap) or 8 or so hours later after you get home from work, then add 1 c sour cream. Mix in well and your sauce will lighten in color. Replace the lid and let it continue to cook on low for about 20 minutes. (or until noodles are done)
Meanwhile boil your water and cook your noodles.
When the noodles are done, then add to your sauce and mix well so the noodles are covered. You can skip this step and just let people spoon the sauce over their noodles (potatoes or rice) as they wish.
Serve with a good green salad and sit back knowing how little work you had to do, but bask in the glory of all the compliments of a job well done.
- See more at: http://www.simplexfood.com/2015/01/meatball-stroganoff-in-crockpot.html#sthash.5UusFnN9.dpuf