The Lady and Sons Chicken Fingers
- Honey mustard dressing:
- 16 chicken tenders or 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into 4 equal strips
- Paula Deen House Seasoning
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Peanut oil or lard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice form 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Horseradish, to taste
Adapted from pauladeen.com
Sprinkle chicken tenders with house seasoning. Dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk and back into flour.
Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry fingers in deep hot oil 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with honey mustard for dipping.
Honey mustard dressing:
Combine all ingredients together except the orange juice and stir well. Thin to pouring with orange juice. Store in refrigerator.