Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 medium stuffing mushrooms - (to 14)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 can flaked crab meat - (6 oz) drained
- 1 can water chestnuts - (5 oz) drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 slices bread made into bread
- crumbs in a food processor Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the chopped garlic and green onions. Add the flaked crab meat and bread crumbs. Remove from heat and add water chestnuts, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture sticks together.
Quickly wash the mushrooms and pat dry. Remove the stems. Fill the mushroom with the bread crumb mixture and pat into a ball.
Put mushrooms on a baking tray (does not require to be greased) and bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until mushroom caps start to brown. The water chestnuts give the mushrooms a delicious crunch.
This recipe yields 12 mushrooms.