Delicious & easy...can be done in crockpot or on stovetop instead. Phase 2 of South Beach with ww buns, phase 1 if served without buns
- • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • 8 ounces Light Velveeta cheese, cubed
- • 2 tablespoons skim milk
- • 1 large clove garlic, put through press or chopped fine
- • 8 sandwich buns, split and toasted (Whole wheat)
- • pickles, mustard, ketchup, relish, tomato slices, onion slices, or other condiments and toppers
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with garlic powder and black pepper until beef is cooked through. Drain off excess fat and transfer beef to a 3 1/2 to 5-quart crockpot. Add cheese, milk, and pressed garlic to the beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours. Serve the beef on toasted sandwich buns with an assortment of condiments.
Makes 8 sandwiches
Note from author: I did end up remaking it in just a skillet on the stove and it turned out great. I browned the meat and garlic. Then I added the milk, cheese, covered it and let it sit until the cheese melted and mixed it in.