- APPLE CAKE
- 1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup sugar/stevia blend)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 apples, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Adapted from patriciaspatchwork.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray a 9 x 13 - inch pan.
1. Cream sugar and shortening til light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Add to creamed mixture.
4. Add the shredded apples (I peeled and cored the apples and then grated them.)
5. Spread evenly in pan using a rubber spatula.
6. Combine the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
7. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes (40 was perfect for me).