Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 3/4 lb. Rotini (cooked according to the package).
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 glove of garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 2 Tbl. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- 8 ounce heavy cream
- 1 green bell pepper (cut up)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut up)
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
Cook rotini (or similar pasta) according to the package directions. Drain and set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook stirring frequently until brown, about 6-8 minutes.
Add garlic, onions, Cajun seasoning, and ground black and red pepper. Add bell peppers and mushrooms. Stir to combine. Cover for 5 minutes. Uncover stir in cream and let it simmer another 2 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately.