- 1 1/2 lbs. Stew Beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 carrot, copped into bite-sized chunks
- 3 beef bouillon cubes & 3 cups of water, or 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
1. Combine all ingredients in a freezer bag.
3. 3 Tbsp flour (or gluten-free flour)
4. 3 Tbsp butter
5. 2 large potatoes, chopped into bite-sized pieces
6. Take out of freezer the day before you plan to cook to thaw.
7. After it thaws, place in slow cooker, add the potatoes and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
8. 30 minutes prior to serving:
• melt butter in a small sauce pan
• add flour and whisk continuously for about 5 minutes or until it starts to turn a light brown.
• take 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and add it to the sauce pan.
• continue to whisk until it starts to bubble and thicken.
• add contents of the sauce pan into the slow cooker and stir into the stew.