Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and translucent.
Spoon vegetables into cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.