Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 cut-up whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb), skin removed
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (from 28-oz can), undrained
- 1 jar (4.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Coat chicken with flour. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 15 to 20 minutes or until brown on all sides; drain.
Cut bell pepper and onions crosswise in half; cut each half into fourths.
In 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker, place half of the chicken pieces. Mix bell pepper, onions and remaining ingredients except cheese; spoon half of mixture over chicken. Add remaining chicken; top with remaining vegetable mixture.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs). Serve with cheese.