Beef and Salsa Skillet
Cook and serve dinner from one skillet! You'll only have one pan to wash after you've devoured this tasty Mexican-style dinner.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa (2 cups)
- 1 can (15 oz) dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (7 oz) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz), if desired
In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in salsa, beans, corn, tomato sauce and 1 teaspoon of the chili powder. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder and the water until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto simmering beef mixture.
Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover; cook 8 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.