Pumpkins Scones with Berry Butter
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, optional
Place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and chop. In a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and cranberries; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, pumpkin and milk; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in pecans if desired.
Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges; separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with berry butter.
You'll also love
- Honey-and-Lemon-Glazed Roast... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Pork Tacos 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Soup: Twice Baked Potato Soup 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Blood Orange Mojitos 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY JELLY ROLL 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Garlic-Lime Steak with Avocado... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Raspberry Vanilla Jam 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Roasted Delicata Squash &... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)