Spring Green Pea Soup
- 5 c fresh shelled peas or 20 oz. bag of frozen peas
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 c. chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 c. pea shoots (for garnish
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. fresh chives (chopped for garnish)
- 2 tblsp.coconut oil
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
In a large saucepan add the coconut oil and onion, cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until softened.
Add vegetable stock and water and increase the heat to allow the mixture to come to a boil.
Add the peas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the peas are tender. If frozen peas only 2-3 minutes.
Take pot off heat add fresh herbs salt and pepper and adjust for seasoning.
Pour half of the mixture into the blender and puree/blend until creamy. Repeat with rest of mixture.
Garnish with frest cut chives or pea shoots.