Bacon Lover's Chicken Alfredo with Fettuccine and Broccoli
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- 8 oz dried fettuccine
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
Adapted from communitytable.parade.com
Preheat a large (12") skillet over high heat.
Fill large stock pot with water, add pasta when water boils. Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once pasta is pliable (no longer breaks if you try to bend it) add broccoli. Cook until pasta is just shy of al dente. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile: Grate cheese and set aside.
Once skillet is hot; use clean scissors to cut bite size pieces of bacon into skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally until bacon is cooked through (adjust heat as necessary). Cook time about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile; wash and chop chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside.
Remove cooked bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon. Place on a plate. Drain most of bacon grease from skillet, leave about 1 Tbsp (do not wash skillet). Add chicken to skillet. Return to stove and medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet, about 5 minutes.
Drain drippings from pan. Return to stove, over medium heat. Cut butter into 8 pieces and add to skillet. Once butter is mostly melted add cream and whisk until combined. Add cheese and whisk until your alfredo sauce is smooth, keep sauce at a bubble.
Using tongs, remove pasta and broccoli from water and add to alfredo sauce. Twist the pasta in the sauce to coat. Add chicken and bacon, toss with and tongs. Heat until sauce is absorbed and coats the pasta, about 5 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Linguine With Spicy Shrimp 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Eggplant Rollups with Black... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Corn Salsa 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Kaukswe (Burmese Curry Noodles) 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fried Italian Turkey & Cheese... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Butter,... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Caramelized Pork Banh Mi 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Warm Maple Bacon Potato Salad 4.4/5 (7 Votes)