Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake
Two classics combined into one Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake!
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 2 cans pineapple slices in juice, well drained, 8 ounces each
- 7 maraschino cherries, well drained, stemmed
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened, 8 ounces
- 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oven to 325ºF.
Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons butter in 9-inch round pan; spread to evenly cover bottom of pan. Top with pineapple slices, cutting if necessary to make even layer. Place cherries in centers of pineapple slices.
Mix graham crumbs, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and remaining butter until blended. Press gently into tops of pineapple slices.
Beat cream cheese and remaining granulated sugar with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended; pour over pineapple.
Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool 40 minutes. Invert cheesecake onto plate; remove pan. Refrigerate cheesecake 3 hours.
Two classic desserts—pineapple upside-down cake and cheesecake—combine to make the ultimate sweet treat.
For best results, the pineapple slices and cherries should be well drained and patted dry before using as directed.
Review this recipe