Cedar Planked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 jalapenos, cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 4 (4 by 4-inch) pieces parchment paper
- 4 cedar plank pieces, food service quality
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned and boned
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (3-inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 lemon, zested
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat oil. When hot, add jalapenos and saute until caramelized. Add garlic, and before it begins to brown, deglaze with white wine. Next add mustard and apricot preserves and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes and let completely cool.
Place parchment paper on planks, add salmon, lightly salt and pepper, place a rosemary sprig on each fillet, and liberally apply cooled apricot mixture.
Place cedar plank on gas burner. When plank has begun to smoke, place into preheated oven.
Cook salmon until medium-rare; remove from oven and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes until serving. Garnish with lemon zest.