- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups salsa
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15 oz each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheese
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inch), warmed
1) Cook beef and onion over med heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2 to 3 mins. Set aside.
2) In a food processor, combine pinto beans and water. Cover and process until almost smooth. Add to beef mixture. Stir in cheese.
3) Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold ends and sides over filling; roll up. Wrap each burrito in waxed paper and foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
4) To use frozen burritos: Remove foil and waxed paper. Place one burrito on a microwave safe plate. Microwave on high 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 mins turning burrito over once. Let stand 20 seconds.