Bacon-Jalapeno Wrapped Tater Tots with Jack Cheese Dipping Sauce
These are great and delicious for appetizers.
- Cheese Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack
- vegetable oil
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut into 3-1/2" long pieces (you might have leftovers)
- 24 frozen tater tots, thawed
- 24 slices jalapeno, about three
Adapted from facebook.com
For the sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the salt, pepper and flour, whisking over heat for one minute. Add the milk slowly while whisking constantly to remove any lumps. Continue to cook until bubbly, add cheese until melted. Serve warm. For the wraps, heat oil over medium-high heat to 375 degrees F. Roll one piece of bacon around each tater tot and slice of jalapeño. Secure tightly with a toothpick. Fry each tater tot, about four at a time, until bacon is crisp, about 2 minutes. Serve with warm cheese sauce for dipping.